The JOB SHADOW DAY allows students, from age 16 on, to shadow a business leader (e.g. CEO, CFO, …) or his/her deputy for one day and actively participate in a normal working day of a company and thus have tangible impressions of the business world. This experience differs from a regular company visit, as during the Job Shadow Day, the students get to observe a leader actually performing the regular duties of his occupation and are given the opportunity to see first-hand what requirements are necessary to pursue certain careers.
The project is a shared initiative from FEDIL – The Voice of Luxembourg’s Industry and Jonk Entrepreneuren Luxembourg asbl, with the support of the Chamber of Skilled Trades and Crafts (Chambre des Métiers), the Chamber of Commerce (Chambre de Commerce) and the Ministry of Education, Children and Youth.
This year, the Job Shadow Day will take between March 27th and March 31st 2023.
During the Job Shadow Day students learn about:
- the requirements of the labour market (searched profiles and skills);
- the responsibilities of a business leader;
- the meaning and importance of teamwork;
- possible career paths and possibilities;
- the requirements for pursuing a successful professional career;
- the entrepreneurial spirit.
The Job Shadow Day gives your company the opportunity to:
- position your company as an attractive employer for young people;
- leave a lasting impression on future job seekers;
- strengthen your investment in the Corporate Social Responsibility;
- pass on your professional experience to tomorrow’s entrepreneurs;
- have a fruitful exchange with young people.
How to participate?
To participate, please register by completing this form before 3rd February 2023 at the latest.
Beginning of March 2023, you will receive the necessary information in order to organise your Job Shadow Day. Please note that Jonk Entrepreneuren Luxembourg reserves the right to make the allocation (company-student), but you can of course choose the number of students you wish to welcome in your organisation.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Jessie Fisch – Job Shadow Day Coordinator
Tel: 26 11 01 – 21
Myriam Baustert – Job Shadow Day Coordinator
Tel.: 26 11 01 – 22