Luxembourg, September 25, 2020 – The Luxembourg Cloud Awards 2020 organised by Cloud Community Europe – Luxembourg have been awarded during a special 100% digital 2020 edition of the Golden-i Gala given the current pandemic situation.
The winners of the Luxembourg Cloud Awards 2020 have been revealed this Thursday, September 24, 2020 during the Golden-i Gala at the Crystal Parc Building of PwC during a 100% digital 2020 edition of the Golden-i Gala. Indeed, given the current pandemic situation, no audience physically attended the event but attended online.
This year, two categories were opened for applications.
- Cloud Innovation Project of the Year
- Cloud Tech Innovator of the Year
In the “Cloud Innovation Project of the Year” category, 3 projects were distinguished by the jury:
- EBRC, for the of “Kubernetes as a Service (KaaS)” project set up with Finologee
- com, for the “Ready-To-Go Business Continuity Manager (RTG BCM)” project set up with ILA (Institut Luxembourgeois des Administrateurs)
- Gravity Partners, for the “Hybree Desk (DaaS cloud based)” project set up with KPMG
The “Cloud Innovation Project of the Year” category award goes to:
“The COVID-19 crisis created a need for working from home solutions that help companies to continue operations remotely while maintaining productivity and reducing risks. Governance.com solution addressed that need with the product-market-fit solution: The Ready-To-Go Business Continuity Manager (RTG BCM) which allows professional organisations such as the ILA to 100% digitally manage their activities and workflows. The ILA was able to organise its AGM successfully and noticed an increased participation of 25% compared to previous years.” mentions Marina Andrieu, Chairwoman of the 2020 Jury.
« Our team is very proud of the achievement in challengingvtimes and we are ready to solve any new digital transformation challenge. » Georges Bock, Chief Strategy Officer, Governance.com
In the category “Cloud Tech Innovator of the Year”, the jury selected the 3 following start-ups:
- Gardemaplace, an application that allows private people to find and book activities for their kids
- Hybree Cloud by Gravity Partners, an innovative Hybrid Cloud Services
- CleverYak, by Deeplink, a SaaS-based live interviewing solution designed for recruiters
The “Cloud Tech Innovator of the Year” category award goes to:
“Hybree Cloud has a very strong ambition to compete with international big players in the Cloud area by offering customised, reliable, license-free, user friendly, scalable and cost-efficient solutions at the levels of IaaS, PaaS and DaaS which can easily meet customers cloud requirements. Hybree has its place in the national landscape.” comments Marina Andrieu.
« This award clearly demonstrates Luxembourg’s readiness to embark on a mission for a locally developed cloud technology platform, and to engage local stakeholders to create a Cloud Hub for Europe, and beyond. » Bahador Baradari, Co-Founder, Gravity Partners
Cloud Community Europe Luxembourg warmly thanks the jury for its implication and its availability. The 2020 edition of the jury is composed of:
- Marina Andrieu, WIDE
- Jean-Paul Hengen, Luxinnovation
- Olivier Zéphir, Technoport
- Eric Dubois, LIST
- Marc Hemmerling, ABBL
- Michele Gallo, Ministry of the Economy
- Patrick Houtsch, CTIE
- Philippe Linster, House of Startups
- Georges Santer, FEDIL
Secretary General, Cloud Community Europe – Luxembourg